AUCTION NOT YET STARTED
Please log in as a buyer to view registration status.
Your Bid Status:
15D 23H 32M 37S
6/1/2022 1:28 PM MDT / 2:28 PM CDT
6/7/2022 1:28 PM MDT / 2:28 PM CDT
Total Cost at Starting Bid:
(Bonus + Agency Fees + Advanced Rental + 2% Buyer Premium)
Sec. 36 ALL
Sec. 36 ALL
Rental/Acre (Per Year)
MT Administrative Fee
This tract has received a nomination for $1.50/acre per year rental. If no other bids are received, this tract will be awarded to the nominator in accordance with the State of Montana DNRC rules and regulations.
- 2. Prior to the drilling of any well on or into the lease premises, lessee shall send one copy of the well prognosis, including Form 22 "Application for Permit" to the Department's Trust Land Management Division (TLMD). After a well is drilled and completed, lessee shall send one copy of all logs run, Form 4A "Completion Report", and geologic report to TLMD. A copy of Form 2 "Sundry Notice and Report of Wells" or other appropriate Board of Oil and Gas Conservation form shall be sent to TLMD whenever any subsequent change in well status or operator is intended or has occurred. Lessee shall also notify and obtain approval from the TLMD prior to plugging a well on the lease premises. Issuance of this lease in no way commits the Land Board to approval of coal bed methane production on this lease. Any coal bed methane extraction wells would require subsequent review and approval by the board.
- 3. The TLMD will complete an initial review for cultural resources and, where applicable, paleontological resources of the area intended for disturbance and may require a resources inventory. Based on the results of the inventory, the TLMD may restrict surface activity for the purpose of protecting significant resources located on the lease premises.
- 4. The lessee shall be responsible for controlling any noxious weeds introduced by lessee's activity on State-owned land and shall prevent or eradicate the spread of those noxious weeds onto land adjoining the lease premises. The lessee’s methods of control shall be reviewed and approved by the Department’s Unit Office that has jurisdiction for that locale.
- 5. The definitions of "oil" and "gas" provided in 82-1-111, MCA, do not apply to this lease for royalty calculation purposes.
- 6. If the State does not own the surface, the lessee must contact the owner of the surface in writing at least 30 days prior to any surface activity. A copy of the correspondence shall be sent to TLMD.
- 10. This lease is located within designated sage grouse core habitat. Proposed activities are subject to, and shall comply with, all provisions, stipulations and mitigation requirements of the Montana Sage Grouse Habitat Conservation Strategy, as implemented by Governor's Executive Orders 10-2014, 12-2015, and amendments thereto. Contact the TLMD prior to preparing a project proposal.
- 19. This lease includes areas that may be environmentally sensitive. Therefore, if the lessee intends to conduct any activities on the lease premises, the lessee shall submit to TLMD one copy of an Operating Plan or Amendment to an existing Operating Plan, describing in detail the proposed activities. No activities shall occur on the tract until the Operating Plan or Amendments have been approved in writing by the Director of the Department. TLMD shall review the Operating Plan or Amendment and notify the lessee if the Plan or Amendment is approved or disapproved. After an opportunity for an informal hearing with the lessee, surface activity may be denied or restricted on all or portions of any tract if the Director determines in writing that the proposed surface activity will be detrimental to trust resources and therefore not in the best interests of the trust.
|Delayed Drilling Penalty||Amount/Acre/Year|
|6th Year DDP (Delayed Drilling Penalty)||$1.25|
|7th thru 10th Year DDP||$2.50|
When the bids are accepted by the State of Montana DNRC, the successful bidder will be notified via email with closing instructions, including total amount due.
Payment must be made within two business days.
A 2% Buyer Premium, calculated as 2% of the total bid amount, will be added to the cost of this lease.